Custom Night Guard & Mouth Guard Lab Forums Night Guards Sara From Canada asks some common questions

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Asmi234 10 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Jan.23rd 2017

So, I have a few concerns about mouth guards. Dentists have only told me I grind my teeth but not the severity so how would I know? Sometimes I wake up to the grinding and I had thought I had a mouthful of cavities but when I had an appointment, I found out I was grinding my teeth to a sensitive state. A dentist told me that I’ve gone through two layers of two of my teeth that should actually be longer than the others. I’m sharing this because now I’m confused looking at the different types of night guards on your website and their thicknesses. I don’t know if my over bite will be a factor? Also, my teeth are so sensitive, would the hard mouthguard be painful to put on, what if it is? Is it better to get a top or bottom one? I know I would like the thickest one possible. And would it be bad to get a hard mouth guard if I also clench my teeth? Right now I’m using a cheap alternative from the drug store and I wake up with a sore jaw which I never have before so I’m hoping these won’t do that. One last thing, how long are the sales going on for? And do you mail to Ontario, Canada? I’m so sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make a smart choice and I’ve read great things on your mouth guards.

Hi Sarah,

That’s what I’m here for! I’m happy to help. To answer your questions:

“Dentists have only told me I grind my teeth but not the severity so how would I know?”
    A: If you’re doing damage to your teeth you are probably not a light grinder. Maybe moderate to heavy. The thicker the guard, the more durable it becomes so for you I would say at least a 2mm thickness would be suitable. Maybe a 3mm.

I don’t know if my over bite will be a factor? Y
    A: Your overbite will not be a factor. Because they are custom made from a dental impression of your teeth they will fit like a glove on your dental anatomy (however your dental anatomy may be shaped)

Also, my teeth are so sensitive, would the hard mouthguard be painful to put on, what if it is?
    A: The hard night guard should just snap on to your teeth. It should not be painful to put on. Our warranty states that we will work with you to your complete satisfaction. This includes changing types. Ex: You receive your hard guard and wish you would have chosen a different material instead. Let’s say the dual laminate type. We will work with you free of charge to get the right guard for you.
    Keep in mind that the Sentinel warranty and return policy is unlike any other. We stand by our products and will always work with you to your absolute satisfaction. This means that if you are dissatisfied with your product for any reason, you can either contact Sentinel within 90 days for a full refund or opt to continue working with us until you get a great fitting guard. Our commitment to you is 100% satisfaction.

Is it better to get a top or bottom one?
    A: Generally, it boils down to preference of the individual. This article will help as well: http://sentinelmouthguards.com/what-is-the-difference-between-an-upper-or-lower-night-guard/

And would it be bad to get a hard mouth guard if I also clench my teeth?
    A: No in fact the hard or the dual laminate is best for teeth clenching

One last thing, how long are the sales going on for?
    A: We reevaluate our sales every few months. They will stay the same until March 2017.

And do you mail to Ontario, Canada?
    A: We do! We offer free shipping however, on international order you will be responsible for the shipping to mail your impression back to us. USPS does not allow us to place prepaid postage on mailers coming back in to the US. Cost for you would be around $7-$10USD

Please let us know if we can assist further:)

Thanks,
    Ashely
    SM Team

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.